The Black McDonald’s Operators Association of Chicago and Northwest Indiana (BMOA) is getting into the holiday spirit with its 20th Annual Food for the Body & Spirit event kicking off on Veteran’s Day, Wednesday, November 11th. Veterans will be honored with an expedited line, in addition to receiving a free Illinois Lottery ticket, along with other special gifts!
With the COVID-19 pandemic inflicting unprecedented hardship on all, this year’s efforts were expanded to reach more neighborhoods and families. The Veteran’s Day kick-off will be the first of a six-stop giveaway effort in which attendees will receive a free turkey and a box of sides. Events will take place across Chicago and Northwest Indiana until November 21st.
We welcome media crews to join us in capturing the excitement of this annual event as we celebrate and give back to our communities. Please see the attached media alert for more details, as well as below. You can find a list of city elected officials and Chicago Police Department members that will be on site throughout the duration of the tour in the alert. If you’d like to schedule an on-site interview, please reach me at 312-863-9816.
COVID-19 measures have been set in place to ensure a safe environment for all. Attendees will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing.
EVENT DATES & LOCATIONS
· Wednesday, 11/11 – McDonald’s – 6900 S. Lafayette Ave, Chicago, IL – Giveaway starts at 8 AM **Veteran’s Day Kick-off**
· Thursday, 11/12 – McDonald’s – 5015 W. Madison, Chicago, IL – Giveaway starts at 8 AM
· Friday, 11/13 – McDonald’s – 2425 E 79th Street, Chicago, IL – Giveaway starts at 8 AM
· Saturday, 11/14 – McDonald’s – 3639 169th Street, Hammond, IN – Giveaway starts at 8 AM
· Friday, 11/20 – McDonald’s – 8321 S. Ashland, Chicago, IL – Giveaway starts at 8 AM
· Saturday, 11/21 – McDonald’s – 19767 South Halsted, Chicago Heights, IL – Giveaway starts at 8 AM