According to authorities, there have been reports of a woman luring men to Bronx hotel rooms for a team of robbers to tie up their victims and rim off with cash, phones, clothing, and anything else that is of value. No injuries requiring hospitalization were reported in any of the incidents.
In July alone, police said the robbery ring has struck 5 times. In every situation, police said that the woman would use Facebook to lure in her victims and get them to come meet up at a hotel in the borough.
The five robberies occurred on the following dates and times:
- July 7 at around 6 p.m, inside the Wheeler Hotel Bronx, at 1162 Wheeler Avenue. The victim was a 31-year-old man.
- July 16 at around 12:40 a.m. at the Crown Motor Inn at 3320 Boston Road. The victim was a 31-year-old man.
- July 17 at around 3 p.m. at the Friendly Motor Inn at 1119 Gun Hill Road. The victim was a 48-year-old man.
- July 24 at around 8:30 p.m. at the Van Cortlandt Motel at 6393 Broadway. The victim was a 46-year-old man.
- July 26 at around 11 p.m. at the Sheridan Hotel at 1440 Sheridan Boulevard. The victim was a 45-year-old man.
The woman who is believed to lure in the victims is about 25 years old, 5’2″ tall and 200 pounds with black hair, tattoos on both arms and wearing eyeglasses, authorities said.
The second female is believed to be about 40 years old, 4’11” tall and 140 pounds with black hair.
The man in the crew is about 25 years old, stands 5’10” and weighs about 170 pounds with a medium build and black hair.
Police released surveillance photos depicting all three individuals.